Meeting: April 15, 2008
Date/time and agenda for the next HLR / TUG meeting.
The next HLR / TUG meeting will be on Tuesday, April 15, 7:30 PM, at the FRWY Cafe, 333 King Street East (at Wellington St. N.) Hamilton, ON L8N 1C1.
This section is still in development and may change.
- Hamilton Light Rail
- Update on community outreach/presentations
- Contacting City Council - it looks like we won't be able to present to council as a whole, so we need to reach individual councillors
- Organize public lecture on Thursday, May 1 with Becky Schlenvogt, Principal Planner, Transportation Planning, Region of Waterloo. Specifically:
- Program: Time to speak / answer questions
- Equipment: need to run a powerpoint presentation
- Focus: comparison b/w BRT and LRT, region's goals and criteria for choosing, public consultation process, etc.
- Location: FRWY is available but will cost $113. Sky Dragon might be available.
- Light Rail Feasibility Study - do we need to modify our presentation to address it? E.g. "tunnels" red herring, bridges, lack of EcDev research, etc.
- City public consultation on rapid transit: organize public to add comments in support of LRT
- Communications strategy: Who speaks on behalf of HLR?
- Transit Users Group
- Public debate on free transit - chance to revive it?
- Update on Affordable Transit Pass Program
- Research into last year's transit survey
- Outreach program to raise awareness of TUG and increase membership